Some Safety Measures
- Choose before we buy. Prices can vary even between stations that sell the same brand.It is not very difficult to find a service station that sells our favorite brand a little cheaper. We can also save money by going to another brand of fuel. Avoid stations nearthe highway because their prices are usually higher.
- Buy gasoline or diesel in the morning and dawn, when temperatures are lower, theyare more dense. Fuel pumps are measured and charged according to volume, not density.In the morning, the amount we buy will be more dense, so more gas for the same money.
- Use our credit card as number of gas stations offer discounts of 5%.
- Load petrol in crowded stations. Gas stations with great influx of customers filltheir tanks often. Stations with less traffic they do not so often, and so their tankscan contain a certain amount of old contaminated fuel. Gasoline oldest is in poor fuel economy and performance.
- Turn 180 º nozzle of the pump to finish loading. This can add up to 120ml to our tank.If we place the car with the lid of the tank on the opposite side of the tank forced to pass the hose over the trunk. In doing so, the tube rises and falls throughout the gasoline that we pay, ensuring that remaining in the hose.
- Stop using high-octane gasoline. The high-octane gasoline is more expensive than normal. If the engine of our car does not sound abnormal, use normal unleaded petrol.
- Do not load the tank to overflow. The petrol pump needs time to draw the full amount we have requested. No it does when we load up to the edge. So, we are wasting money and fuel. Wait until the tank car is empty until at least halfway to refilling.
- Avoid these to minimize fuel consumption:The use of roof racks, even though this gap may increase the normal consumption of the vehicle 2 to 35%
- The use of air conditioning increases by 10-20% on fuel consumption. Be open windows increases air resistance of the vehicle, thereby increasing consumption, because it costs more work in the car ahead. Posed to 120 km / hr an increase of 7%. With the roof open up consumption can be increased by 10%
- The tire pressure below normal consumption increases by the increased friction with the ground vehicle, in addition to wear over them.
- In very short journeys consumption soars. In these cases it is advisable to use public transport.
- Start engine without accelerating and begin running as soon as possible.Use long marches When you're speeding, we should switch to top gear as soon as possible and to reduce the slowest way possible.
- Avoid high speeds with sharp accelerations and decelerations , anticipating situations and keep the speed constant. Each mile per hour in excess of 100 km / h, double the increase in per cent if we were to 100km / h.
- Check vehicle gas caps - About 17 percent of the vehicles on the roads have gas caps thatare either damaged, loose or are missing altogether, causing 147 million gallons of gasto vaporize every year.
- Make sure tires are properly inflated - When tires aren't inflated properly, it's like driving with the parking brake on and can cost a mile or two per gallon.
- Replace spark plugs regularly - A vehicle can have either four, six or eight spark plugs,which fire as many as 3 million times every 1,000 miles. That results in a lot of heat and electrical and chemical erosion. A dirty spark plug plus causes misfiring, which wastes fuel. Spark plugs need to be replaced regularly.
- Replace dirty air filters - An air filter that is clogged with dirt, dust and bugs chokes off the air and creates a "rich" mixture - too much gas being burned for the amount of air, which wastes gas and causes the engine to lose power. Replacing a clogged air filter can improve gas mileage by as much as 10 percent, saving about 15 cents a gallon.
Tags:-Save fuel , Automobiles , Car and fuel , Fuel efficient cars , Car fuel efficiency , Auto news , Car maintenance tips , Fuel economy , Save fuel tips , Car driving tips , Save fuel and money , Drive safe ,Cheap Car maintenance ,Electric cars, Auto Industry ,Carpool ,Save Fuel and Save Money, Car care tips , Gas mileage tips , Fuel price , Car safety tips